After the recent tragedy of 21-year old college student, Samantha Jospehson, who was murdered after getting into a car that she thought was her Uber, 33rd Street Bail Bonds wants to inform people about ride share safety.
Here are a few tips to remember when using a ride share service such as Uber or Lyft:
•Before starting the ride, become familiar with the features on the ride share app. Both Uber and Lyft send you information on the make, model, and color of the car as well as the license plate number.
• Wait inside for your ride share.
• Verify that the ride share is there for you by asking “who are you here for?”. Don’t volunteer your name first.
• Confirm that your rideshare driver and vehicle match the information provided by the company.
• Check the driver’s rating. If you aren’t comfortable with their rating, then cancel the ride and call for another.
• Map your own route and make sure the driver isn’t leading you astray.
• If you are alone, always ride in the back seat.
• If possible, ride with a group of people.
• Always inform someone of where you are headed and your ETA. Uber users can tap “share status” to inform family/friends of the driver’s name/ photo/license plate and location. Lyft users can tap “send ETA” which sends a text message to a family member or friend.
• Keep your personal information safe. Do not share your phone number or contact information with your driver.
• Don’t drink too much. Being safe by avoiding driving while drinking is a responsible action, however, if you are too impaired then you could be taken advantage of by a ride share driver.
• Always trust your instincts. If something feels off, then don’t get in the car. If you are already in the car, then ask the driver to drop you off at a nearby safe location. If the driver refuses, call 911.
33rd Street Bail Bonds wants you and your friends and family to be safe when utilizing a ride share service.
More on 33rd Street Bail Bonds33rd Street Bail Bonds has provided bail for clients who have faced numerous charges including DUI, domestic violence, drug trafficking, fraud, theft, sexual assault, and more. This bail bond agency is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days of the year. To start the bail bond process, please call 407-425-7200 or 407-425-3303.
We are proud to be the oldest and most trusted bail bond agency in Central Florida. We are family owned and operated since 1971. We serve all of Central Florida including Orange, Seminole, Volusia, Osceola, and Lake counties. All of our bail bond agents are experienced and knowledgeable and are ready to assist you with the bail bond process. They can help with paperwork, explain the bail bond process, and answer questions regarding the criminal justice system. Please call us today to start the bail bond process. 33rd Street Bail Bonds is the name you can trust!